Nick's Buyer-Agent Duties
This 4 part outlines is a rudimentary outline of the strategies Nick Ahrens uses with all of his buyer-cleints. This basic outline is a list of duties fiduciary and beyond that assist buyers like yourself acquire the most ideal home for you and your family. Each part discusses main topics for each of the 4 parts of a home purchase, without getting into details.
PART 1: The Search
1. Nick makes sure his clients are set up with the best mortgage representative and loan programs for your financial needs.
2. Once pre-approved for a loan, we begin to look for homes that meet your requirements, needs and wants.
3. Nick provides reliable, honest and unbiased information regarding available properties in today’s market. He also searches every possible listing including the MLS, bank-owned, repossessed properties, direct sellers, wholesalers and affiliate real estate agents.
4. Nick will preview properties to help you save energy and time by screening out unsuitable homes.
5. All clients are provided additional information on properties to ensure that they are able to make a well-informed decisions.
6. We will categorize and make sense of the features you find most attractive and help prioritize your needs and wants with each property.
PART 2: Writing / Submitting Offers and Negotiation
7. Because Nick Ahrens will be your exclusive buyer-agent, there is no need to push you into anything but the perfect home that needs your needs and wants.
8. When you decide to make an offer, Nick Ahrens will prepare a current market analysis to help you determine the appropriate offering price. It is important we have an understanding of today’s fair market value.
9. Nick Ahrens will present your offer personally and expertly negotiate on your behalf to obtain the best possible price and terms for your new home. We will compile an “offer package” to make sure the offer is represented in the best light to the seller.
10. When we reach a mutually agreeable contract on price, terms and conditions, Nick will open an escrow for you and instruct the escrow officer of the terms of the contract.
PART 3: The Escrow Process
11. Nick will carefully outlines all timelines, terms and conditions of the sale to ensure there is no breach of contract. All buyers will be very informed of all upcoming dates and important events.
12. We will order a preliminary title report and review it carefully to ensure there are no unpleasant surprises for us regarding the chain of title or any property restrictions that may affect your interests or property value.
13. We will order a home inspection, which buyers are required to attend. Nick will personally attend this and other inspections to ensure your interests are being represented properly.
14. We may assist with overseeing service providers such as contractors, roofers, electricians, plumbers, painters, HVAC specialists, home inspectors, etc…
15. Nick Ahrens will help you get detailed answers for all irregular findings and recommendations that service providers and inspectors uncover. Upon request, Nick will help you get any and all remediation estimates to help create a clear and informed decision about how to proceed.
16. IF significant inspection finding occur that seriously affect the value of your chosen property, Nick will help you resolve these problems and issues by negotiating repairs and/or contract adjustments with the seller.
17. Sometimes the best answer is to walk away. Because Nick Ahrens represents you exclusively, he has the confidence to advise you when it is time to consider other properties, without fear of “losing the sale.”
18. We will ensure that you understand and have all the appropriate information and property disclosures prior to removing the inspection contingencies, thereby not risking the earnest money deposit.
PART 4: Closing and Beyond
19. We will review signing procedures with the title company so that any last minute questions are answered.
20. He will all attend a pre-closing final walkthrough to ensure that all agreed upon repairs and conditions have been met and your new home is ready for you.
21. We will notify you the moment that title has been recorded and we will meet with you to give you the new keys to your home.
22. We will make arrangements with the utility companies prior to move-in date.
23. Service continues for the length of time you spend in this home and your future homes. Feel free to contact me any time you receive something about your loan that you don’t understand. Contact Nick about real estate related questions, contractor recommendations and just to say hi!
24. Nick Ahrens guarantees no one will work harder or smarter to find you and your family the best home that meets your needs and wants for the best price, in the location of your choice.
*This was written by Nick Ahrens in 2017. It is merely an opinion, not intended to be a definitive system that works every time for everyone. Every homebuyer and family is different and all are in a different situations; because of this, talk to your local real estate expert to modify your search and customize your approach. Nick Ahrens, Remax Premier Realty, Kamran Realtors and their affiliates are not liable or responsible for any loss in attempted interpretation and use of this information.